Grilled eggplant with fresh tomato salad is a delicious, healthy, refreshing dish that is perfect for every occasion. Whether it's lunch or dinner, you can serve this dish as an appetizer, main course or even a side dish. Made in WEESTA Air Fryer Toaster Oven, these eggplants are grilled to perfection.
Why grill eggplant in an Air Fryer Toaster Oven?
If you are thinking between buying an air fryer or an Air Fryer Toaster Oven, my vote goes with an Air Fryer Toaster Oven. Here is why:
- When you grill eggplants in an air fryer, you have less space, so you have to work in batches. Secondly, you also have to flip these halfway into the cook. This can be a bit inconvenient for even cooking. However, them you are grilling these in an Air Fryer Toaster Oven, you get ample space for large batches. Furthermore, since the air circulates from all directions, i.e. top and bottom, the eggplants are grilled evenly.
- Because you don’t need a lot of oil, having an Air Fryer Toaster Oven is your ticket to a healthier lifestyle.
- It is very convenient. Apart from grilling, you can air fry, broil, and toast in the oven.
- Lastly, it takes up as much space as an oven does. So, it is a perfect substitute for a conventional oven. So, whether you have a small counter space or not, his oven fits really well. It is very handy and easy to use. A perfect choice for every kitchen.
Without waiting any further, let us get straight to the recipe.
Grilled Eggplant with Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
4 medium eggplants, lengthwise cut
2 tbsp + 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp coriander powder
¾ cup cherry tomatoes halved
2 small red hot chiles, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Wash and dry the eggplants. Remove the crown and cut them lengthwise. Make sure the thickness is ½ inch.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, coriander powder, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and brush this mixture on eggplant slices on both sides.
- Place the eggplant pieces in a WEESTA Air Fryer Toaster Oven and select grill.
- Grill it for about 12 minutes until they get a nice colour and are tender.
- Once done, remove from the Air Fryer Toaster Oven and set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, add chopped mint, chopped chiles, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, 1 ½ tbsp oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Next, add halved tomatoes and toss until everything is well combined.
- In a small bowl, add milk and yogurt. Mix well.
- Place the eggplants in a platter, add tomato mixture on top, and drizzle the yoghurt and milk mixture on top.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve.
Where To Buy :